Samstag, 5. März 2011

Top Ten List! Series

I was a bit quite with the Top-Lists, but now here is another extended list this time focussing on Series. I watch a lot of series and here are my Top Ten of those I watch/watched or took and extended look at, but haven't watched everything yet!

1. How I met your mother : I start off with a sitcom and man what a sitcom. The story of Ted Mosby telling the story of how he met his wife to his children is so funny and so great, with a lot of funny jokes and suprisingly for a sitcom some drama as well! Just a complete series with great characters just like Barney Stinson who is just..classic! Starring Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris, Coby Smulders and Alyson Hannigan.

2. House M.D. : Pretty much the first doctor-hospital series I have ever watched and it was an awesome experience for me. Just a great story of a narcicist genius doctor, that is an icon concerning diagnosisis. Of course he has some issues like drug addiction, sarcasm and a general hate toward patience.  Starring Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard, Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison, Olivia Wilde and Jesse Spencer.

3. The Sopranos : I said it earlier on this blog and I will say it again - I LOVE mafia gangster stories, and series wise The Sopranos is THE one for me for that matter. The story of a modern mafia family in New Jersey is pure gold. It might drag a little bit to long, but it has action, awesome dialogues and of course FUCKING great characters. Starring James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco, Michael Imperioli, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Dominic Chianese, Tony Sirico, Steve Van Zandt and Robert Iler.

4. Entourage : Might be a weird choice to have this one up so high, but this is really really a great and funny series about the life and career start of Vincent Chase and upcoming star on the Hollywood Sky. Great dialogues, a great chemestry between the characters AND a different set of characters all the way. Just a very interesting series to watch. The fact that sold it for me is that it is loosely based on the life and career of Mark Wahlberg, nough said! Starring Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and JEREMY PIVEN!!!

5. Glee : Golden Globes honor this series every year and rightfully so. A great musical series, that has some comedy, some drama and the struggle of young teenagers at high school when you are not in the cool society of the school. Great songs, great acting and sometimes a little bit of cheesy things! Great series. Starring Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch, Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele and Jayma Mays.

6. Boardwalk Empire : Prohibition, a city of lust and corrupt politics. All the ingredients you need for an entertaining watch. HBO is investing so much into this series to make it so authentic with great atmosphere that really kicks you back into the 1920s on the screen! I really love that series because it features not only fictional characters but also real characters like Al "Scarface" Capone at the start of his career. Starring Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Shannon, Shea Whigham and Aleksa Palladino.

7. Bones : I don't know exactly why I love this series so much, but I just do. It is the story of a forensic anthropologist who works for the FBI in order to get informations out of skeletons. She is joining forces with a confident FBI Agent and together they form a great team with great dialogues that sometimes seem to be a bit out of the world! Also with the team the conversations are great and the cases are sometimes so smartly constructed, that it is just a pleasure to watch this series. Starring Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, Michaela Conlin, T.J. Thyne, Tamara Taylor and John Francis Daley.

8. The Big Bang Theory : Once again a sitcom makes my list and this time a bit of a nerdy one. This nerdy tho is selling this series for me, because you have so many clichees and so great dialogues and jokes that this is a series that really made me laugh so hard the first watch, that it had to made my list! Starring Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.

9. Scrubs : I thought with the departure of J.D. this series is loosing a bit of it's stride, but fortunatly I still enjoy the series even after the departure. Still the series is one of the kind. It has some comedy, huge amounts of drama and a moral aspect, that can not be counted out. Starring Zach Braff, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Neil Flynn and Judy Reyes.

10. Lights Out : I wanna honor this amazing new FX Series. The story of a former World Champion, who finds himself in all kinds of trouble. Every episode is great, no lows so far and the characters are developed so great, that this is a series, that is a must-watch in my opinion! Starring Holt McCallany, Stacy Keach, Chatherine McCormack, Pablo Schreiber, Meredith Hagner and Ryann Shane.

Thats it for the Top Ten...leave comments if you like it or not. And here is a list of more series, that are recommendable. (They are in no paticular order!)
Rules of Engagement, Mad Men, The Office (US and UK), Two and a half Men, 30 Rock, Castle, Boston Legal, Family Guy, Simpsons, Modern Family, Lie to me, Burn Notice, The Wire and King of Queens!

Next week a new review will come to this side, I am not sure exactly which film I will review...I am currently thinking about reviewing some film of my DVD shelf but I will see about that.
So thats it for today, subscribe to my blog and follow me on twitter twitter.com/fanthaiza for the latest news and some thoughs about films I recently watch...definitly worth it guys! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen