Samstag, 15. Januar 2011

Little Fockers

I dont know if its a good start for a blog to start with a fairly average movie...but I saw it today so...this is the freshest memory for a blog in my head!

So lets cut right to the chase.

To start of positive...the cast of the movie is once again awesome...I really enjoy the mix of dramatic actors like Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffmann and Barbra Streisand and comedic actors like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. Newly acquired Jessica Alba was not a big help to sell the movie I would suggest but still she fits into the mix in some kinda ways!

The story overall was shallow...I dont wanna jump into any details but it was pretty obvious where the movie was going. I mean it was teased all the time that their might be some connection on a personal level between Gaylord and Andi and of course Jack wants to find out and sees suspiscious images and scenes and so on...so not a real suprise there! It all leads to the huge fight between those two because Jack is looking for an actual replacement for Gaylord in the marriage between his daughter and the Focker and yeah...thats pretty much the entire plot...

I guess the plot was never the selling thing in the prequels either so at least the series hasnt took a step backwards...some kind of positive in a way!

Right back to a good thing...the film references...I really really love to Godfather...and the fact that DeNiro was part of that too makes it even funnier. The only line that really kinda cracked me in the entire movie was "the Godfocker!" nothin to fancy on that joke tho, but it was played perfectly into the scene...and following scenes that took spins from the Godfather where all nicely done! The scene where Jack gets carried off by the ambulance as a rip of off the shooting and hospital scene with Marlon Brando and Al Pacino was well done as well!
I said references...the Jaws reference was a nice thing too...the soundtrack, the movement of the actual ocean scene into a ball pit was nicely done for a comedy and yeah...I thought it was a nice reference at that time!

Thats pretty much all of the good things I have to say about Little Fockers (maybe Jessica Alba with sexy black hair and only lingerie can be added but...!)...and for me the negatives outweighting the positives in this movie!

The title Little Fockers is actually a bit misleading in my opinion because the story pretty much focuses on the relationship and the "Circle of Trust" between Gaylord and Jack once again! The little Fockers are in some scenes but they are not carrying anything in the story except that they are some kind of a symbol for the happy family that Jack wants to protect. So the title actually only states the fact that there are kids...plain and simple...a bit too plain and simple for me!

Then I gotta say something about certain types of acting...I love Robert DeNiro and Ben Stiller...I enjoy watching them...but maybe fighting scenes are not really their expertise! The fighting scene hits the screen and I kinda felt that that was one of the lamest fighting scenes I have ever seen! Not because of the location or whatever...but just the acting in this "action" scene was not really well done and didnt came across as a moment where the relationship could actually be ended for the entire time! Also I disliked the fact that Focker landed some shots...I mean Jack is build up as a freakin tough former CIA agent...shouldnt he be able to beat up a nurse decisivly? He got the Submission-Victory so no jugdes scorecard needed but...come on...he got rocket once at least!

Last thing I wanna get off my chest before I come out and rate this thing is about Alba, Hoffmann and Streisand! Albas role was certainly a bit cheesy...but for me the scene where she wants to "get" Gaylord was really really over the top...I mean the acting was certainly bad there...I was a bit disgusted the way that scene came across so I dont know how that scene should deliver with that acting performance!
Speaking of performance...the performance of Hoffmann and Streisand as the parents of Gaylord and thein-laws of Pam is not rateble because they were only in the movie as some kind of nostalgic look in the past..there were no really stories going on with them...no side-strings attached...it felt like they were just in the movie to provide their names! Really some sort of false advertising there!

So with all that being said...I can only give this movie 4 out of 10...maybe the sequel, that they kinda teased with the last scene can lift the entire series back up! I hope so because the first two were really enjoyable!

Hope you enjoyed the first read! Next movie will probably be THE FIGHTER starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale...next blog might also be about the Golden Globes! Enjoy your weekend!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen